This raspberry baked brie is a wonderful hot appetizer full of delicious melted brie cheese. Serve this with sliced apples for a healthier twist. Or use thin slices of baguette or any hard cracker.
The is an easy appetizer with brie cheese wrapped in crescent roll dough then baked. Some delicious jam is added on top to make a wonderful flavor treat.
Table of contents
Why I love this appetizer
- It tastes delicious and everyone wants to have some!
- Easy to make with limited number of ingredients.
- Does not take long to make.
- It's easy to change the flavor by using a different topping.
Raspberry Baked Brie
1 round Brie (8 oz). I like the double creamy.
Seedless raspberries (or canned whole cranberries)
Crescent roll dough (most common is Pillsbury)
An egg for the egg wash
Instead of raspberry jam, you could try apricot or blueberry jams. Another really delicious combination is apple jelly with a small handful of broken-up pecans.
If it's the holiday time, canned whole cranberries are very seasonal and delicious!
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Separate into one square section. Press the seams together. Place your preserves onto the dough, in a circle that the round brie will be placed on top of.
Gently place brie on top of the preserves and then wrap with the dough from the square. You may have to gently pull it to fully cover and seal cheese round. Make sure all seams are closed.
Once the brie cheese round is fully wrapped, flip it onto a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
Using some unused dough, find a seasonal cookie cutter and make a cute cutout to place on top of your wrapped brie.
This is where the beaten egg comes in. Use it as an egg wash. Brush it over your wrapped brie so it will bake to a golden brown in the oven.
Bake 25 to 30 minutes until it looks golden brown. Carefully remove from cookie sheet and place onto a serving plate. It's obviously very hot at this point. Let it cool for approx. 10 minutes, then cut in and scoop the melted cheese onto your crackers or apple slices. This appetizer is best when eaten right away.
This will store well in the fridge for 5 days. It will not freeze well.
Tips to Reheat
Place on a baking sheet and reheat in a 350 F oven for approx. 10 minutes until the cheese is warmed through and starts to melt.
You can also microwave for 1 to 2 minutes, watching for the cheese to be warmed through and beginning to melt.
Yes! Sometimes it is hard to find the double creamy brie.
When hot, the cheese is melted and delicious! It does not hold it's shape.
Yes it is perfectly fine to eat that part of the cheese.
Other delicious appetizers
Please come back and leave a 5 star rating.
Raspberry Baked Brie (wrapped in pastry)
- 8 oz Brie 8 oz round. I like the double creamy.
- 2 tablespoon raspberry jam or 2 tablespoon canned whole cranberries
- 1 can crescent roll dough most common is Pillsbury
- 1 large egg beaten
- 1 medium apple thin slices
- baguette slices optional
- crackers optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Separate dough into one square section. Press the seams together.
- Place your choice of preserves onto the dough, in a circle that the round brie will be placed on top of.
- Once brie cheese round is fully wrapped and, flip it onto a piece of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Using the dough that has been set aside, find a seasonal cookie cutter and make a cute cutout to place on your wrapped brie.
- Brush beaten egg over your wrapped brie so it will bake to a golden brown in the oven.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes until it looks golden brown. Carefully remove from cookie sheet and place onto a serving plate. It's obviously very hot at this point. Let it cool for approx. 10 minutes, then cut in and scoop the melted cheese onto your crackers or apple slices. The cheese is soft and runny. I put a small cheese knife or a spoon to help people scoop melted cheese onto cracker slices.
- This appetizer is best when eaten while cheese is still warm and melty.