Banana chocolate muffins - only three ingredients.
This is one of those cheater recipes that no one else needs to know about : ). It's delicious, quick and you probably have all the ingredients at home already.
This is a really old recipe that I published years ago. People are still making it and pinning it to Pinterest - a lot! I thought I would share this old favorite.
Yes, it's possible and they are delish. I was actually going to make my two-ingredient banana muffins but didn't have any plain cake mix. All I had in my pantry was a chocolate cake mix.
Banana Chocolate muffins - Printable
A printable copy of the recipe is further down this post.
What are the three ingredients:
Chocolate cake mix.
3-4 bananas, mashed.
Truly, these are the simplest Banana Chocolate muffins you will find! With just a box of chocolate cake mix, 3-4 medium bananas and a couple of eggs you have a delicious chocolate banana muffin. Believe me, you'll love them. They look, smell and taste great!
**This post may contain affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure policy for details.**
How do you make these three-ingredient banana chocolate muffins?
1. Mash bananas. Bananas that are a little overripe are best! I often make these muffins when my bananas didn't get eaten as fast as I anticipated.
2. Add cake mix. Just the cake mix. Do NOT add the other ingredients that are listed on the box. I get asked this often.
3. Add eggs. I just gently drop them on the mix and use a fork to beat them before incorporating them into the rest of the mix ingredients. Why dirty another dish!
4. Mix then place in 12 well muffin tin. I use muffin/cupcake liners to keep my muffin tins clean. I do what I can to avoid any extra dishes that I have to wash.
A huge tip that makes cleaning up a lot easier. I've started using scoops for a lot of my prep. work. For this recipe, I scoop the muffin dough. It makes sure each muffin well gets the same amount of dough and it doesn't dribble onto the pan (or the counter). I also use them when I make my favorite meatballs and cookies! The kinds of scoops I use look like this (click on the picture of the scoops to see more info):
5. Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 16-18 minutes.
Oh, these are good! The taste of bananas is definitely there, not totally overwhelmed by the chocolate. In my opinion, a perfect balance of banana and chocolate. I did add the 2 eggs to this recipe. Totally optional. But, I found it made the texture more similar to traditionally baked muffins.
Honestly, this is one of the best super easy cheating recipes!Print
- 1 box Chocolate cake mix
- 3-4 bananas (mashed.)
- 2 Eggs
- Mash bananas
- Add cake mix
- Add eggs. I just gently drop them into the mix and use a fork to beat them before incorporating into the rest of the mix ingredients. Why dirty another dish!
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for 16-18 minutes. Check with a toothpick to see if done.
Do you have any other super easy recipes?