Easy Three Ingredient Apple Spice Muffins
These apple spice muffins are perfect when you get that taste for apple pie but don’t want the expense, mess (or the calories) of a real pie! With just three ingredients, you can make these delicious apple spice muffins in about 1/2 hour. Perfect for breakfast, a snack or just a not-over-the-top dessert. These are the perfect muffins to make when you want to bake something quick and easy!
These three-ingredient apple spice muffins were created one day by just using what I had on hand. That’s the best part – I don’t have to go to the store to buy anything! I’m guessing you probably have these ingredients at home too!
Ingredients for easy three-ingredient apple spice muffins.
Ingredients for three-ingredient apple muffins.
1 box spice cake mix
1 apple (I just use what I have)
2 cups apple sauce
Directions for three-ingredient apple muffins.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees (F).
Peel and chop 1 apple. You want small, roughly quarter-inch pieces.
Add a big teaspoon of cake mix to the chopped apples and mix to coat. Set aside.
In a different bowl, combine 1 box spice cake mix with two cups of applesauce. I use a hand mixer.
Stir in chopped apple pieces.
Line or spray your muffin tins.
Scoop 1 large scoop of dough into each muffin well. I use this type of scooper. It keeps the muffins portioned the same and it keeps your muffin tin neater (with no big dough drips on it)
Bake 18 to 20 minutes. Test with a wooden skewer to see if done.
I like serving these warm!
This recipe makes 12 good sized flavorful muffins. With little chunks of slightly crunchy apples. I love the slight crunch of the apple pieces in the muffins. And the smell was so appetizing!
These are really filling muffins. You’ll notice they are heavy. That would be from the real apple pieces. The apple sauce and the apple pieces guarantee that this recipe creates a moist muffin.
Printable Recipe for Three Ingredient Apple Spice Muffins
Very easy and quick apple spice muffins. Uses only three ingredients that you usually have at home!
- 1 apple (peeled and diced)
- 2 cups apple sauce
- 1 box Spice cake mix
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit.
- Peel and chop apples so they are about 1/4 inch pieces. You don’t need to be exact!
- Add chopped apples and a big teaspoon of dry cake mix into a bowl. Stir to cover apple bits. Set aside
- Add 2 cups of apple sauce to cake mix. I used a mixer to combine well. About 2 minutes on medium.
- Add the cake mix coated apple bits to the dough.
- Stir together.
- Spray your muffin tin with cooking spray (or use paper muffin liners).
- Scoop a large scoop of dough into each muffin well. To about 3/4 full.
- Makes 12 nice sized muffins.
- Bake for about 18-20 minutes, until toothpick comes out clean.
These are great served warm with a scoop of ice cream!
Other easy recipes from Momcrieff