Pretzels and Hershey Kisses with a candy treat on top. Another oldie, but goodie!
I even remember the first time I tried these. We were having dinner at a friend’s house and her husband looked forward to these as a gift from his students. Not expensive. Not difficult. But, ohhhh soooo good!
And, so appreciated by others! What a nice and simple teacher gift? Or a little thoughtful girlfriend treat! Or, treat your kids or a group of their friends.
I’ve seen and heard many ways to melt the chocolate. I prefer the low and slow method so I don’t burn the chocolate kisses.
Small candy treat.
M&M’s are the traditional.
Pick out and use the seasonal or appropriate festive colors for your pretzel and Hershey kisses snack.
Or, wander the grocery store like I did and find seasonal candies. My kids loved the candy corn ones and the pumpkin ones.
I LOVED the almond ones.
A slightly healthier alternative. I hope!
Here’s the recipe:
1. Unwrap the Hershey Kisses. If you are making lots, this takes longer than you think : ).
2. Preheat oven to 200 degrees Fahrenheit.
3. Place pretzels on a cookie sheet. I prefer the regular small pretzels but other people prefer the waffle ones.
4. Place an unwrapped Hershey Kiss on the center of the pretzels.
5. Bake for about 4 minutes at 200 degrees fahrenheit. Others I know do higher and faster but I tend to scorch my chocolate that way.
6. Gently place your topping treat on the Kiss and press it down into the Kiss.
7. Cool slightly and let the chocolate set before you devour them.
Hope you enjoy these yummy treats! These pretzel and hershey kisses treats are simple, yummy and quick. Plus, you can get your kids involved unwrapping those kisses.
If you would like to be notified of any other posts I write (including some more super simple recipes) make sure to sign up to follow me. Enjoy your weekend!