Delicious Greek Dip Appetizer made with hummus & feta cheese.
This is one of those dishes that people comment on when they see it. And truly, between you and me, doesn’t food that is well presented just taste good even before you actually try it?
The ingredients for this appetizer are something I keep on hand in the summer. So, not hard to throw together. Invite some friends over for a drink in the evening and whip this one up a few minutes before they come. It’s that simple! And, I promise, it’s that good!
It tastes fresh, how could it not with fresh tomatos and cucumbers on it? And I think I’ve mentioned it looks amazing!
I wish I could have you over and let you scoop some on a piece of pita. Mmmmmmm
Best I can do is give you a close look.
Is your mouth watering? It will be if you see it in person!Print
Delicious Greek dip that includes hummus, feta cheese, olives and cucumbers. Quick and easy appetizer to put together. Very flavorful!
- 2 cups hummus (store bought is fine!)
- 1 package Alouette cheese spread (or something similar)
- 1/2 cup finely chopped cucumber – skin on for color.
- 1 – 2 cups feta (depends on how much you like feta – I LOVE it!)
- Kalamata olives (10 large ones (sliced then coarsely chopped))
- 1/8 cup red onion (chopped)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped tomato
- 4 tablespoons Peperonchini peppers or banana peppers (slices)
- Once you have all of the above ingredients prepped, this recipe comes together so fast!
- I used a 12 inch quiche dish. Not only did I get the recipe from my friend Amy, had to borrow her quiche dish too : )!
- Spread hummus as first layer.
- Spread Alouette over hummus layer. I just put ‘globs’ all over the hummus layer and then gently spread with the back of a spoon (sprayed with Pam). Don’t stress if it’s not perfect! No one will see this layer. You just want to spread it as well as you can because this has the big flavor punch.
- Sprinkle fetta evenly over first two layers. You want the fetta chunks to be fairly fine so you can scoop with a cracker.
- Sprinkle chopped cucumber evenly.
- Sprinkle olives, red onions and peppers. And, don’t forget the tomatoes!
- Serve with either fresh warmed pitas cut into small pieces OR, buy the crunchy pita chips from your handy dandy grocery store.
Many thanks to my friend Amy! She is such an amazing cook and actually came up with this recipe.
Enjoy this appetizer. Enjoy your summer. And, enjoy sharing with friends!