Pistachio Cake for St. Patrick's Day.
This is a great cake to make for St. Patrick's Day. It is normally a faint green. But, for St. Patty's Day, I added a few drops of green food coloring. Now it looks like the perfect cake for the occasion. Well almost. To make it perfect, you do need to add a scoop of ice cream! Right?
This really is the perfect pistachio cake for St. Patrick's Day! My kids sure do enjoy it : ) !!
Just to repeat, even though you use a green pistachio pudding mix, the finished cake isn't a bright green! Here is what the prepared better looks like just before it goes into the oven.
Do you remember the days when pistachios were colored green? All that green food coloring we ate. I honestly had no idea pistachios were actually just a subtle green. But then, until I was an adult, I had no idea pistachios are a nut. I thought it just described green ice cream.
This pistachio bundt cake is super moist and flavorful. This is one of those cakes you can quickly whip together and tidy while it's baking. It would be wonderful to serve to your guests! Oh, and for those of you with picky kids, they don't need to know about the pistachio pudding. They will never know :)I
Pistachio Bundt Cake
- 1 box yellow cake mix I am a fan of Betty Crocker mixes
- 1 box pistachio instant pudding
- 1 cup canola oil
- 1 cup club soda
- 4 Eggs
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped walnuts optional
- 10 drops green food coloring optional
- Preheat oven to 325 Fahrenheit.
- Mix first five ingredients together. I usually do beat my eggs a bit and then add them.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts (optional)
- Spray your pan with nonstick spray.
- Pour into a bundt pan.
- Bake for 1 hour. Yes, it did take the whole hour. Check with a toothpick to ensure 'doneness'.
- Cool about 10 minutes. If the cake is sticking in the bundt pan, run a plastic knife around it.
- Turn onto your cake stand or pretty platter.
- Serve with vanilla ice cream.
- Enjoy!! Very tasty and very moist. Still as great the next day!!