This three ingredient pineapple cupcakes with cherries recipe kind of goes back to this blog's roots. I used to make all kinds of fun two and three ingredient recipes.
Someone recently mentioned this recipe to me (minus the cherries). I figured everyone loves the upside down pineapple cherry cake so why not add the cherries! Not to state the obvious, but, the cherries are the third ingredient. If you are not a fan of cherries, then this could easily be your next favorite two ingredient recipe!
1 package angel food cake
1 20 oz can of CRUSHED Pineapple
Maraschino cherries (optional)
Mix a package of Angel food cake with a 20 oz can of pineapple.
Grab your most favorite mixing spoon (I still have it!) and mix.
Ok, this makes a HUGE batch. It made 24 cupcakes. And, I filled the cupcake wells ¾ full. Use an ice cream scoop so it's easier to keep the pan clean. Plus, it helps you be more consistent in the amount of dough you use for each portion. I used paper liners and I would recommend you also do so.
Don't forget, this recipe makes 24!
After they are baked (325 F for about 18 minutes), poke each cupcake three times with a straw.
Then of course, you need to put a cherry on top!
Ummmm, can you say yum! Totally moist! Lots of flavor. And, couldn't be easier.
- 1 box of angel food cake
- 1 20 oz can of CRUSHED pineapple
- 1 jar of marachino cherries (optional)
- Preheat oven to 325 F.
- Use cupcake liners. Makes 24 cupcakes
- Bake for 18 minutes or until toothpick comes out dry.
- Mix cake mix with can of pineapple. Use all the juice and crushed pineapple in the can.
- Do NOT add any other ingredients (like those listed on the box).
- Fill each cupcake liner about ¾ full. Makes 24 cupcakes
- Bake 18 minutes at 325F
- After the cupcakes have cooled slightly, poke three holes in each cupcake with a straw.
- Drizzle about a teaspoon of the maraschino cherry juice into each hole.
- Add a cherry on top : ).
Hope you enjoy!