All my recipes with yogurt added always turn out moist and delicious! I did some research, and the most common types of muffins people look up are blueberry muffins. This recipe has a total of three ingredients. It is quick, simple, and delicious.
The three ingredients include a yellow cake mix, yogurt, and frozen blueberries. There is no need to spend a fortune on fresh blueberries if you are going to bake them!
Yellow cake mix - use your favorite brand.
Yogurt - I use vanilla-flavored yogurt because that's what I have on hand.
Blueberries - with the price of fresh fruit being so high, I have started using frozen blueberries, which work perfectly in this recipe!
Tips and Substitutions
Save money and buy the cake mixes on sale. Stock up (but check the expiry dates on the box). Frozen blueberries last a long time too. Buy a bigger bag and use them in a bunch of recipes! I also buy the bulk tub of yogurt and get more servings for my money out of that.
A healthier yogurt option is unsweetened Greek yogurt. It'll add a bit more protein to these breakfast muffins.
Preheat oven to 350F. This recipe makes 12 good-sized muffins in a regular muffin tin.
Fold together all three ingredients in a large bowl. You don't want to stir, or you'll break the blueberries! If the batter is too thick, add between 2 to 4 oz water.
Fill lined muffin tins ¾ of the way full. I use a large scoop to help portion the batter equally and keep things neat.
To me, muffins are dense and have healthier ingredients than cupcakes. With 1 ½ cups of yogurt and 1 ½ cups of blueberries, these tip the scale to me calling these muffins.
Please leave a 5-star rating if you enjoyed these delicious muffins!
Three ingredient blueberry yogurt muffins
- 1 box yellow cake mix Use your favorite brand of cake mix.
- 16 oz yogurt A healthier yogurt would be plain Greek yogurt.
- 1 ½ cups blueberries either fresh or frozen
- Preheat your oven to 350 Fahrenheit. Makes 12 muffins.
- Pour cake mix, yogurt and blueberries into bowl.
- Fold ingredients together so you don't break the blueberries.
- Portion batter into 12 lined muffin wells. Fill to ¾ full. Makes larger sized muffins
- Bake approx. 18 minutes. Sometimes it takes 1 - 2 more minutes depending on your oven.
Pin for your Pinterest account.
**originally published March 22, 2014