Guess what? This is a grown up lunch! My kids won't touch it. But I love this tomato and kielbasa salad. Best part, it takes all of 5 minutes to put together. And just a couple of minutes to panfry the Kielbasa. It's healthy, low calorie and really flavorful. Keep this recipe for when those tomatoes start ripening.
Growing up, my Mom ate this all the time. Back then, tomato didn't do much for me. As I got older, I started loving both tomato and flavorful meats. Fortunately, they now have lower fat versions of Kielbasa. The one I use is turkey based and it tastes great! This salad is one of the main reasons I plant tomato every year.
1 medium or large size tomato
3 oz Turkey Kielbasa
Salt, pepper and vinegar, to taste.
Take a tomato and slice it into bite sized pieces. Garden grown are the best!
If you are an onion lover, add them now, cut into small pieces
Salt and pepper it generously. Let it sit for a few minutes.
Take a 3 inch piece of low fat Turkey Kielbasa. Cut it into 'coins'.
Now drain the tomato. The salt will draw a lot of the juice out.
Add about 2 - 3 tablespoon of vinegar. Plain vinegar or your favorite balsamic vinegar, your choice.
Take the Kielbasa and quickly pan fry to heat it up.
Add it to your salad and enjoy.
A small piece of rye bread with a little bit of butter makes this the perfect lunch!
Love this salad. Especially when I can pick a fresh tomato and just make my salad.
Do you have any simple, but healthy, grownup lunches? Especially one that you have in the summer?
Other Tomato-Based Recipes
You may also like -
Tomato and Kielbasa Salad (10 minutes to make).
- 2 medium tomatos
- 6 oz Turkey Kielbasa
- Salt pepper and vinegar, to taste.
- Onions optional
- Slice tomato into bite sized pieces. Garden grown are the best!
- Add onions, cut into small slices
- Salt and pepper it generously. Let it sit for a few minutes
- Drain the tomato. The salt will draw a lot of the juice out.
- Add about 2 - 3 tablespoon of vinegar. Plain vinegar or your favorite balsamic vinegar, your choice.
- Cut a 3 inch (approx 3 oz) piece of kielbasa into coins
- Take the Kielbasa and quickly pan fry to heat it up.
- Let kielbasa cool then toss with tomatoes.
**First published June 28, 2015. Update numerous times.