Crescent roll apple dumplings, where have you been all my life? They smell like and taste like apple pie but at a fraction of the work and time! I am not a pie maker, even though I love fruit pies. This is the kind of recipe I love. Full of fabulous flavor but super simple. Even the kids can make this!
The above is a closeup of one delicious apple dumpling! This recipe is quick and easy to make and tastes delicious! If you like other fruit-based desserts, keep this easy blueberry cobbler or this three-ingredient peach cobbler in mind!
Why I like this recipe.
- It is easy and quick to make - 45 minutes in total, and 35 minutes of that is baking time!
- Who doesn't love the smell of apple pie?
- Simple ingredients you may have a home.
- This is an inexpensive but delicious apple dumpling recipe.
A large baking apple
Refrigerated crescent roll dough
½ cup butter
¾ cup white sugar
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
6 oz Sprite
I've seen this recipe made with Mountain Dew and even ginger ale. Use a clear sweet (best is citrus flavored) soda. Do NOT use 'diet' because you need the sugar in the soda to help make the sauce.
Granny Smith apples are also good. If you buy apples for this recipe, look for a good baking apple. These include Fuji, Gala, and Cortland apples.
1. Preheat oven to 350F. Spray a 9 x 13 pan.
3. Cut the apple into 8 wedges.
4. Separate the crescent rolls into triangles
5. Roll each apple wedge into the crescent dough, starting with the smallest end. You want to seal the apple within the dough completely.
6. Pinch to seal and place in the pan.
7. Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
Pour the caramel sauce onto the apple dumplings.
Pour Sprite around dumplings - around the edge and in the middle of the baking dish (remember, 6oz is ½ the can)!
Bake 35 - 45 minutes in preheated oven until golden brown.
These smell so good when they are being baked!
If you love these easy and delicious apple dumplings, please leave a 5-star review!
Crescent Roll Apple Dumpling
- 1 large apple baking apple, peeled and cored
- 1 can crescent roll dough
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cups white sugar
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 6 oz Sprite NOTE - ½ can
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9 x 13 inch pan with non-stick baking spray.
- Cut apple into 8 wedges.
- 4. Separate the crescent rolls into triangles
- 5. Roll each apple wedge into crescent dough starting with smallest end.
- Roll apple wedge into dough. Start with smallest end![/caption]
- Pinch to seal and place in the pan.
- Melt butter in a small saucepan and stir in the sugar and cinnamon.
- Pour butter, sugar and cinnamon mixture over apples.
- Pour Sprite over the apple dumplings.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes, until golden brown.
Originally published Sept. 30, 2014.
I just made these yesterday for 4th of July. I always, always make apple pies and just didn't have the time. Forget the apple pies........ your Country Apple Dumplings are the best thing ever and so easy!!! I am know one of your followers on Pinterest. Thanks so much :-)!!!!!!
Cheryl, your comment made my day! They are easy and so good. I just need to remember to make them more often!
MT dew or sprite
In my world, you can use either!. Thanks for stopping by.
That is my kind of recipe, simple, easy and delicious! Yum!
Susan @ SunfowerHugs.blogspot.com
This looks crazy good! I will definitely try it!