What are apple pancake slices?
Do you eat apple pancakes for breakfast?
I have never seen apple slice pancakes served in restaurants. My Mom must have served us a totally original recipe! As a kid, I loved apple pancake rings for breakfast! Or lunch. Or, if we were really lucky as a snack
Sometimes we had these apple pancakes on those nights when you have breakfast for dinner. Do your kids love breakfast for dinner as much as mine do?
I love the taste and texture the apple rings add to this dish. Just a little crunch left and I add a little cinnamon for extra flavor. Hot apples and cinnamon. A perfect combination! And then, add some maple syrup and it becomes heavenly!
Simple and quick, especially if you use Bisquick or another pancake mix. By all means, make your pancake mix from scratch if you prefer.
I love these apple pancakes and I plan on making them on a regular basis again. They are something just a little different and nice and filling. These apple pancakes smell so very good when they are baking or being cooked. Can you believe it's a 4 ingredient meal? Yum!Print
Apple pancake rings – as breakfast or an after school snack!
Delicious sliced apple rings covered in pancake batter. Add some cinnamon and maple syrup. A delicious breakfast, after school snack or even breakfast for dinner!
- Category: breakfast
- 1 apple (I like big Fuji apples)
- 1 cup bisquick
- ½ cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix your bisquick batter with the milk and egg.
- I find this is enough for 2 apples or one apple and a couple of pancakes. I guess you could make less but then the math gets harder. I don't think I would ever use ½ an egg!
- Peel your apples
- Slice the apple
- Take out the core (I just cut it out)
- Heat your frying pan to medium and add a little butter to barely cover the pan
- Dip the apple rings in the batter and place in the pan.
- Watch for the big bubbles on the edge and then they are ready to flip.
- Turn the heat down to low and let the second side cook slowly (so you have enough time for the apples to heat up).
- I add some cinnamon and syrup when serving.
Best if you slightly warm up your maple syrop. But, you probably know that!
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast for dinner
Here are some other apple-based foods that are just as easy to make! Just follow the links and enjoy!
Country Apple Dumplings - a super easy dessert (using crescent roll dough)!
Baked Apples - really quick using the microwave!