Flavorful Oven Roasted Broccoli
For a long time, I didn't like broccoli. But I had only eaten it steamed. And that was a step up from boiled (ewwww). My younger son showed me how he makes broccoli this way. It has texture, color and I actually like broccoli when it's roasted in the oven!
Flavorful Broccoli Ingredients
If making three ingredients easy oven-roasted broccoli you need:
1 head of broccoli (about a pound)
2 tablespoons Olive oil (you can substitute avocado oil)
1 teaspoon garlic salt (more or less, to taste)
Optional toppings - parmesan cheese (grated or shredded, whatever you have at home)
A squeeze of fresh lemon on the cooked broccoli.
Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
Cut florets off stalks and cut into bite-sized pieces.
Some people peel the stalks/stems and cut them into ⅛ thick coins. I find this takes too much time and my family prefers just the broccoli florets.
On a sheet pan, either use a silicone mat (like Silpat) or parchment paper. If you haven't looked at the silicone mats for a while, they are much cheaper now than they first were!
I pile the prepared broccoli florets and then drizzle the olive oil on the broccoli. Mix gently to get most of the broccoli lightly covered with oil.
Evenly spread garlic salt onto broccoli.
Spread broccoli evenly so most pieces are not touching.
Place in oven and roast for 8 - 10 minutes. I think it's perfectly done when some of the broccoli tips start to char. Watch the broccoli closely the last few minutes. Some people like just a little char others like a lot. But it goes from lightly charred to burned quickly!
I love how the broccoli gets a beautiful dark green when it's cooked!
A couple of optional toppings if you have them handy in your house. I enjoy sprinkling the broccoli with some parmesan cheese. Whatever kind I have at home works!
A squeeze of lemon is also delicious if you are a lemon flavor loving person. The lemon works well with or without the parmesan I mentioned above.
Below is the printable recipe for you!
Easy Oven Roasted Broccoli - 3 ingredients
- 1 head of broccoli about a pound, rinsed, shake water off then cut into small florets
- 2 tablespoons Olive oil you can substitute avocado oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt more or less, to taste
- Optional toppings - parmesan cheese grated or shredded, whatever you have at home
- A squeeze of fresh lemon on the cooked broccoli.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit
- Cut florets off stalks and cut into bite-sized pieces.
- Some people peel the stalks/stems and cut them into ⅛ thick coins. I find this takes too much time and my family prefers just the broccoli florets.
- On a sheet pan, either use a silicone mat (like Silpat) or parchment paper to make cleanup easier.
- I pile the prepared broccoli florets and then drizzle the olive oil on broccoli. Mix gently to get most of the broccoli lightly covered with oil. Sprinkle garlic salt on broccoli and then gently mix. The garlic salt should be added after you've mixed the oil onto the broccoli so it sticks better.
- Spread out in your baking pan. Place into oven for 8-10 minutes.
- Watch closely the last few minutes. Some people like little to no char vs. other folks who like a good amount of char on the broccoli. I suggest if this is your first time trying oven-roasted broccoli, try it with less.
Some other favorite recipes from the Momcrieff website -
Creamy Dill Pickle Pasta Salad
Easiest way to pickle cauliflower
Leave a Reply