Chicken tacos! These are so flavorful and easy to make. Let the crockpot do the cooking and when you are ready to eat, it's just a few minutes to put everything together.
I love Chicken tacos! They are such a nice change from the regular ground beef tacos. Also, they can cook away in the crock pot when you are busy getting other things done. For some reason, I just think they are a lot lighter and 'fresher' tasting than traditional ones.
These are so versatile! They are great when you know you have a busy day and you can assemble this recipe and let the chicken cook.
Perfect for winters. It makes your house smell so good. Everyone will be hungry by the time you serve these! Also, these are great for those days where everyone eats at different times. The meat can be kept on warm and everyone can serve themselves when needed.
Don't you think chicken tacos could also be a perfect option for those football Sundays?
Ooopsie, I just noticed something! There's no cheese on my tacos! That's just because I don't always put cheese on mine so I totally forgot to put it out. Or take pictures of it. But, I'm sure you guys are all perfectly able to put grated cheese on your tacos! No need for a detailed picture of that step :).
Get out the crockpot and let's start making our chicken tacos.
- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbls lime juice or lemon
- Tortilla shells and/or taco shells
- lettuce tomatos, salsa, sour cream
- Add lime juice, water taco seasoning and salsa into crockpot.
- Just a quick note about why I LOVE this Kirkland's salsa from Costco. No bit chunks of vegetables. Makes it easier for picky eaters!
- Add chicken
- Turn on crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.
- About and hour before serving, shred chicken.
- Add back to crockpot and stir well to mix shredded chicken with the salsa/taco sauce.
- Let cook a while longer so chicken absorbs all the flavors.
- Grab your tortillas or taco shells and assemble.
- HInt: Perfect for a salad if you would like a lighter meal or a no carb selection.
Another hint :):
- Love these squeeze sour cream bottles.
Looking for other delicious but easy chicken recipes?
Easy Cheesy Chicken and Noodle Casserole
This looks good although it’s not low calories. That’s o.k. I get a lot of pleasure just looking at all your lovely photos. BTW, I love grey and cloudy days. Being from the Puget Sound area of Washington State, I miss them down here in the Valley of the Sun. We love rain when it comes and the overcast makes it cozy staying inside and fiddling around with reading, cooking and just being here.
Yum! Now I am craving chicken! I love roasting whole chickens on Sunday evenings, and I always use the bones to make a broth. It’s a great way to have a surplus of broth in the freezer, and it’s so handy when anyone in my house gets sick! I will try this recipe the next Sunday I roast a chicken