This two ingredient pumpkin bread is very easy to make. If you have a can of 100% pumpkin and a box of pumpkin spice cake mix in your pantry, you can make this flavorful pumpkin spice mix bread.Trust me, you'll love how delicious and moist it is!
Everyone seems to get a pumpkin spice craving in the fall. If you love the smell and flavor of pumpkin pie spices, this recipe is for you! It is delicious any time of year! It's perfect as a dessert or snack, or send a piece with lunch for the kids.
My Easy 2 Ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe inspired this. Looking for some other easy to bake recipes? Take a look at this post with my 15 top recipes made with cake mixes. All my favorites are in there!
Why I love this recipe
- I love the pumpkin spice flavor! I don't like the price of pumpkin-spiced items at coffee shops or stores. I make my own.
- It's easy and quick to make. The assembly time is only 5 minutes and the baking time is less than 20 minutes! This is truly a recipe that takes less than 30 minutes to make.
- This is an inexpensive recipe that feeds a group. It's perfect to bring anytime you want to share a dessert or a treat.
- Young kids enjoy making this. They get to stir and eat the final result. I've had readers email me that their kids made this as their first baked good!
- I always have cake mixes and pumpkin puree in my pantry. This can be made anytime when a quick dessert or snack is needed.
Yes, only two ingredients are necessary for this pumpkin spice bread. If you want to dress it up just before serving, sift some confectioners sugar on it.
Want to save this recipe?
Enter your email & I'll send it to your inbox. Plus, get great new recipes from me every week!
- Spice Cake Mix - I prefer the Betty Crocker spice cake mix. This brand is my go-to box of cake mix since it tastes great, and it always turns out great!
- 100% Pure Pumpkin Puree. It is the smaller can (15-ounce) that you need to buy. Ensure it is not the pumpkin pie mix because it has additional ingredients we don't need.
- Optional - confectioners sugar - sprinkled on top before serving.
Truly, this is one of the easiest pumpkin desserts you can make. The mixture of a can of pumpkin puree and pumpkin spice flavor cake mix amazingly tastes so much like fall! That's why I love it.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
Only add canned pumpkin and dry cake mix to your large bowl. Do NOT add the other ingredients from the back of the box. An electric hand mixer works well, too!
The batter is thick when mixed. But that is how it is supposed to be. Just give it a good stir, and it will come together.
Step 3 Use a non-stick cooking spray in your loaf pan. Then, line a loaf pan with parchment paper, as shown below.
The batter will be thick and will bake in the shape it is put into the baking pan, so smoothing the top is helpful.
When smoothing out the batter, spraying the back of the spoon with a nonstick baking spray is helpful. It's a sticky dough.
Use a toothpick and insert it into the center of the cake to test if it's done. The cake is done when the toothpick comes out clean. It takes roughly 45 minutes to bake.
This recipe was inspired by many questions on my 2 ingredient pumpkin muffin recipe post.
If you like easy muffins, this 3 ingredient chocolate banana muffin recipe is also delicious! It's a fantastic way to use up those extra bananas that are a little over-ripe.
This recipe is also known as a pumpkin spice loaf.
Wrap it when cool and store it in the refrigerator for a maximum of 4 days. An airtight container also works!
To freeze, wrap tightly in plastic wrap, then aluminum foil. This delicious pumpkin loaf can be stored in the freezer for a month.
Pie filling has extra spices and sugar added. This recipe is made with pure pumpkin.
No. Just follow the directions and use the cake mix and a can of pumpkin.
Yes. But add approximately 1 ½ to 2 teaspoons of pumpkin spice seasoning to give you the nice pumpkin spice flavor in your loaf.
Other delicious desserts
Please come back and give a 5-star rating if you enjoyed this recipe!
2 Ingredient Pumpkin Spice Bread
- 1 box spice cake mix
- 1 15 oz can pure pumpkin
- Confectioners icing to sift on top optional to dress it up!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray. Line bottom and two long sides with parchment paper.
- Mix the contents of the canned pumpkin into the spice cake mix in a large sized bowl. It will be a thick batter. Do NOT add the ingredients from the cake instructions on the back of the cake mix box.
- Spread evenly into your baking pan. I recommend smoothing the top of the batter with a large spoon (spray nonstick cooking spray on the back of the spoon - the batter is sticky).
- Baking time is approximately 45 minutes. Check if it is done by inserting a toothpick in the center. When it comes out clean, remove from oven.
- Cool then sift confectioners sugar on top prior to serving.
Nutrition information is an estimate only provided as a courtesy using an ingredient database. Garnish and optional ingredients are not included in the calculations.
Please pin to your Pinterest account.