Tortellini Meatball Soup with Spinach
- 2 TBSP vegetable oil
- 8 oz hamburger
- 1/4 cup bread crumbs (Italian breadcrumbs if you have them)
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 1/2 tsp dry mustard (or a tsp regular mustard)
Balance of Soup
- 64 oz Chicken or Beef broth (two boxes of 32 oz each)
- 9 oz refrigerated cheese filled tortellini
- 3 or 4 cups spinach
- Parmesan cheese to top soup with (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix breadcrumbs and mustard and add about 1/8th cup of water. Mix well so the mustard is well dispersed.
- In a medium bowl, combine meat mixture, breadcrumbs and onions and mix well.
- Roll meatballs into 1 inch balls.
- Heat oil in a saute pan and fry meatballs. Makes sure to turn occasionally. Cook until meatballs are cooked through.
- Set aside meatballs.
- Add chicken broth to dutch oven (or a large pot) and bring to a slow boil.
- Carefully add back meatballs. Cook for about 5 minutes to help ensure meatballs are cooked through.
- Add tortellini, following package directions to cook through.
- Lastly, add spinach. It only takes about a minute or two for it to wilt and it's ready.
- Add Salt and pepper to taste.
- I LOVE grated parmesan cheese on top but that's totally optional!