Baked sticky wings. Messy and delicious!
- 3 pounds chicken wings (Costco has awesome large wings with drumsticks and wings (and that icky little wing part already cut off).
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup butter
- 5 Tbsp soya sauce
- 5 Tbsp water
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/2 cup vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine sauce ingredients in a medium bowl, mixing well. I heat in a microwave so the sugar dissolves in the mixture. Set aside
- Dip wings into beaten, egg, then into the flour.
- Once you have done this with all your chicken pieces, melt the butter in a frying pan (medium to medium-high heat). Add wings and drumsticks and fry. Don’t overcrowd your pan. Turn occasionally until crispy and a nice golden brown cold. Easiest to do with tongs. You probably will have to do a few batches.
- I place all the wings into a 9 x 13 dish. Pour the sauce on the wings.
- Bake at 350 Fahrenheit for about 40 minutes. Turn the wings a few times (about every 10 to 15 minutes). They will be nice and sticky when they are done.
- Savor the extra sauce on your rice. If your crowd loves sauce, you may want to cook some extra in a saucepan to have enough for everyone.