- 1 cup Karo syrup
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup Peanut butter
- 6 cups Special K cereal
- 1 cup butterscotch chips
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- In a large saucepan, add Karo syrup. Add sugar. Bring to a gentle boil and stir for about a minute.
- Remove from heat and then add the peanut butter. Stir until well combined.
- Add cereal.
- Stir gently until cereal is evenly coated.
- Press into a 9 x 13 casserole pan.
- (I love using the gloves I bought at restaurant supply store. Not only do they keep your hands clean, you don’t burn your fingers as easily with hot ingredients – baggies work too!)
- Gently heat both the butterscotch and chocolate chips until melted. You probably should use a double boiler. I just use a heavy sauce pan and low heat. Don’t overheat or the chocolate changes texture and isn’t smooth.
- Once the chocolate and peanut butter is melted, pour over the cereal mixture and spread evenly.
- Place in refrigerator to cool – about an hour.
- Cut into small squares (or large ones if you are feeding teens 🙂 ).