An easy recipe to make ribs! This can be made inside and finished on the grill (if you’d like). Or, they can be finished inside the oven. Perfect ribs for any time of year. The rootbeer gives it the most delicious flavor!
- 3 or 4 racks of ribs – pork back ribs.
- Seasoned salt (we use Red Robin but Lawry’s is great too!)
- 1 Spanish onion (I use sweet onions)
- 1 – 2 litre bottle rootbeer
- 1 tbsp. vanilla
- BBQ sauce – use your favorite!
- Preheat oven to 275 Fahrenheit
- Score the membrane of the back side of the rib rack in a diamond shape. Sounds harder than it is!
- Season the ribs with your favorite seasoned salt.
- Spread sliced onions on the bottom of a large roasting pan.
- If ribs overlap or need to be layered, that’s OK!
- Add 1 tablespoon vanilla to the bottle of root beer.
- Pour the root beer & vanilla mixture over the ribs. Yes, ALL of it!
- Cover with a lid (or, if you don’t have a lid, cover tightly with tin foil.
- Bake for about 3 to 3 1/2 hours.
- After they are done baking, they look like this.
- And smell like this:
- (just kidding, I’d share the smell if I could 🙂 ).
- Carefully move the ribs to a big jelly roll sheet (I use two tongs). Make sure they are meat side UP.
- Add your favorite BBQ sauce.
- Then bake in the oven for about 15 minutes at 350 Fahrenheit. Baste with more sauce if your family is the saucy kind.
- If you can get to your grill, grill each side about 3-4 minutes, basting with more sauce when needed.
- Cut between every third rib. ENJOY!
- Don’t forget the napkins!
To finish, you can grill each side for about 3-4 minutes to make them taste more like a grilled rib. This is perfect for the summer or when you have easy access to the grill.
Keywords: rootbeer ribs