- 2 lbs carrots, peeled and cut into one inch chunks
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 2 Tbsp Avocado or Olive oil
- 1 small onion
- 2 celery stalks
- 2 Tbsp fresh grated ginger
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 4 cups water
- Preheat oven to 400 Fahrenheit
- Place carrot chunks on baking pan and drizzle olive oil on carrots. Stir to make sure they are coated.
- Roast carrots for 35 minutes, stirring one or two times.
- While carrots are roasting, melt butter in large stock pot or dutch oven. Add onions and sauté for approx. 4 minutes. Add celery and ginger and sauté for another three minutes, ensuring onions and celery are tender.
- Add roasted carrots, broth and water. Simmer for 30 minutes.
- Using an immersion blender, puree soup.
- I didn’t add salt but some may like adding prior to serving (I thought the salt in the chicken broth was enough).
- Serve and enjoy!
Adapted from FineCooking.com