This is one of my kid’s favorite cereal based treats. Delicious chocolate and peanut butter sweet treat. Use Chex cereal as the traditional cereal base or mix it up with some suggestions included. Makes a big batch that can be given away as gifts – think teacher gift, Father’s Day, houseworming etc.
- 9 cups square woven cereal (I used 3 cups each of Chocolate Chex, Life and Crispix)
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup Peanut butter
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- Mix all 9 cups of cereal in a large bowl. You can do the same kinds I did, or any kind of similar cereal.
- In a microwaveable bowl, put butter, peanut butter and chocolate chips. Microwave 45 seconds then stir. Microwave in additional 20 second increments until everything is melted and stirs together smoothly. Add vanilla and stir in.
- Add melted ingredients into large bowl containing cereal.
- Stir until well combined. Honestly, this is where it’s much easier to get the cereal well coated if you get your hands in there!
- After everything is well coated, divide evenly into two one gallon plastic zip lock type bags.
- Add about 3/4 cup of powdered (icing) sugar into each bag.
- Close and shake until evenly coated.
- Place on a parchment lined jelly roll (or cookie sheet) to cool.
- Once this deliciousness cools, place into a sealed container. I’d suggest refrigerating it, if you have room. Otherwise, just eat it : ).