For both Apple and Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 15 oz can of Pumpkin
- 3/4 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 large lightly beaten eggs
- 1 chopped granny smith apple
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 5 Tbsp sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp softened butter
- Preheat oven to 350 Fahrenheit
- Makes 1 dozen Pumpkin Apple Muffins and 1 dozen Chocolate Chip Muffins
For the Muffins.
- Stir together flours, salt, baking soda, cinnamon & nutmeg.
- In a separate bowl, mix together pumpkin, oil, sugar, and eggs.
- Mix wet ingredients into dry.
- Split dough into half into two bowls.
- Add chopped apples to one bowl
- Add cup of chocolate chips to the other bowls
- Dough makes total of 24 muffins. I found there is enough to make 12 apple pumpkin muffins and 12 pumpkin chocolate chips. (If you prefer only one type, just double either the chopped apple or the chocolate chips).
- Mix all crumble ingredients together and rub together with fingers until mixture resembles course bread crumbs.
- Scoop 1 dozen of each into either greased or lined muffin wells.
- Sprinkle Crumble on top. There is enough to be generous!
- I add a couple of chocolate chips right on top of the crumble, on the chocolate chip muffins, for easier differentiation.
- Bake approximately 18-20 minutes. Testing with toothpick to see if they are done.