- 2 cups coarsely grated russet potatoes.
- 1/4 cup coarsely grated sweet potato
- 3 large eggs (lightly beaten)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp flour
- 1 Tbsp finely grated onion
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil for frying
- Wrap grated russet potato in a clean tea towel and squeeze to remove as much moisture as possible. An older, thinner dishtowel works best.
- Dry grated sweet potato with a paper towel (I didn’t want to stain my tea towel).
- Add eggs, grated onion and salt to potatoes and mix in.
- Sprinkle flour over the mixture and mix into the potato mixture.
- Heat oil in heavy skillet – medium high.
- Drop heaping spoonfuls of potato mixture into pan. Using back of spoon, spread to about 1/4 inch thick.
- Fry for about 3-5 minutes, until golden brown on the bottom.
- Flip and fry other side to golden brown (3 – 5 minutes).
- Serve with either sour cream or apple sauce. I heard Worcestershire sauce is a good option too.
- Makes about 5-6 potato pancakes.