An easy and delicious scratch pumpkin bar recipe. It’s the cream cheese icing that makes this a fabulous dessert!
- 4 Eggs
- 15 oz can of Pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 1 2/3 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Vegetable oil
- 2 cups Flour
- 2 tsp Cinnamon
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 cup butter
- 4 cups Powdered Sugar (Icing Sugar for my Canadian friends)
- 1 tsp. Vanilla
- Preheat over to 350 Fahrenheit
- Let butter and cream cheese sit out to warm to room temperature (cut into small pieces and it will warm up faster) You want to do this so that it mixes better and you don’t have butter or cream cheese lumps.
- Combine all Pumpkin Bar ingredients in one bowl. I recommend using a mixer. It’s easy to do with your stand mixer but I’ve done this easily with my hand mixer. Mix until well combined.
- Spread batter on a greased 17 x 11 inch(ish) cake roll pan.
- Bake at 350 for approx. 25 minutes. Check with a toothpick to test if done.
- Set aside and let the bar base cool.
To make Cream Cheese Icing
- Add all cream cheese icing ingredients into a bowl.
- Beat until mixture is smooth.
- Hint – if you beat the on high for a minute or so at the end, your icing gets nice and fluffy.
Keywords: pumpkin bars, pumpkin sheet cake, cream cheese frosting