- 3 tbs vegetable oil
- 1/2 medium sized onion (chopped)
- 4 oz canned green chilies (chopped)
- 1 Tbsp minced garlic
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 oz can chicken soup broth 15
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 inch cooked (roughly cubed chicken breasts (about 1cubes))
- 1 15.8 oz can garbonzo beans (drained, aka. chick peas)
- 1 15.5 oz can great northern beans (drained)
- 1 11 oz can corn (drained)
- Melt 3 tablespoons butter in a large saucepan.
- Cook onions until translucent.
- Add chopped green chilies and garlic.
- In large dutch oven, add chicken broth, onions, green chilies, garlic, cumin, oregano, chili powder and salt.
- Add cubed chicken, all beans and corn.
- Gently simmer for a couple of hours until chicken cubes fall apart (it will look like shredded chicken).
- Add 2 cups milk and gently heat for about 10-15 minutes prior to serving.
- Serve with optional toppings.