- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 lbs lean ground beef
- 3 large carrots – diced
- 5 celery stalks – diced
- 1/2 large sweet onion (diced)
- 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes (the large can)
- 1 30 oz beef broth
- 2 leaves Bay (optional but I love the flavor)
- 1 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2 tsp basil
- 1/2 tsp dried thyme
- 1 15 oz can cannelloni beans (drain then rinse)
- 1 15voz can red kidney beans (rained then rinse)
- 1 cup ditalini pasta – uncooked
- Add oil to large skillet and brown ground beef. Set aside.
- In a large dutch oven or pot add all ingredients except beans and pasta.
- Bring to low boil and cook for approx. 1/2 hour.
- Add beans and pasta. Cook until pasta is al dante. Approx. 10 minutes.
- Remove bay leaves before serving or freezing.
- Serve with fresh crusty rolls.