- 3/4 cup butter
- 1 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 3 Eggs
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips (optional)
- Preheat to 350 Fahrenheit
- Spray an 11 x 13 baking dish
- In a microwaveable blow, melt butter (20 second intervals until melted)
- With a wooden or large spoon, stir in sugar & cocoa powder until combined
- Add eggs and vanilla. Stir again until just combined.
- Add flour. On top of flour, add baking powder and baking soda. With a fork, gently mix dry ingredients
- Stir dry ingredients into your chocolatey mixture.
- Add milk, a third at a time and stir together each time.
- Pour batter into 11 x 13 sprayed or greased pan.
- Sprinkle chocolate chips on top. They will sink a little when baked.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, testing for doneness (when a toothpick poked into center comes out clean).