- 6 chicken breasts
- 1 cup of your favorite salsa
- 1 package taco seasoning
- 1 cup water
- 3 Tbls lime juice (or lemon)
- Tortilla shells and/or taco shells
- lettuce, tomatos, salsa, sour cream
- Add lime juice, water taco seasoning and salsa into crockpot.
- Just a quick note about why I LOVE this Kirkland's salsa from Costco. No bit chunks of vegetables. Makes it easier for picky eaters!
- Add chicken
- Turn on crockpot on low for 4-6 hours.
- About and hour before serving, shred chicken.
- Add back to crockpot and stir well to mix shredded chicken with the salsa/taco sauce.
- Let cook a while longer so chicken absorbs all the flavors.
- Grab your tortillas or taco shells and assemble.
- HInt: Perfect for a salad if you would like a lighter meal or a no carb selection.
- Another hint :):
- Love these squeeze sour cream bottles.