A delicious cheater’s lasagna recipe. This easy and delicious recipe has all the flavor of lasagna but way less work!
- 1 14 oz box Pasta . I prefer the Barilla kind since it is whole grain and has some fiber. (I prefer Barilla)
- 1 jar spagetti sauce.
- 3 cups Shredded mozzarella cheese.
- 1 1/2 lb lower fat ground beef
- 2 Tbsp dried grated onions
- Extra seasonings such as oregano (basil, salt, pepper (optional, to your taste))
- 2 Tbsp parmesan cheese
- Brown your ground beef.
- Cut calories and fat by rinsing your meat.
- In a 9 x 11 pan OR two 7 x 10 pans, spray with cooking spray, then place a layer of spaghetti sauce on the bottom. I like using two smaller pans. Less leftovers for my family of 4 and I can tuck one of the pans in the freezer for another day.
- Boil the box of noodles. Go ahead, boil the whole box. Follow the directions on the box but take off about 2 minutes. Drain then spread a layer of noodles on the bottom of the pan(s).
- Add a layer of mozzarella. About a third of what you plan to use. Save the rest so you can be generous on the top.
- Add some more sauce.
- Add all the cooked ground beef. Now is a good time to add any extra seasonings if you would like to. I use dried minced onions because somehow, there are no onion ‘chunks’ (which my kids don’t like) in the finished dish. Also add some basil, oregano and/or salt and pepper if you would like more flavor than your sauce provides. I do think you need some, just to flavor the meat.
- Add another layer of noodles.
- Add a generous layer of sauce.
- Add a generous layer of cheese on top!
- Maybe some parmesan cheese for a little extra flavor.
- I bake for 30 minutes at 350F (if the ingredients are hot and just assembled) or about 40 minutes if from the fridge (make sure it’s thawed if you froze one). Gently cover with some tin foil if the cheese is browning too much.
- After it’s done, let it sit for about 5 minutes prior to serving. It helps the dish set and makes it less messy to serve. Enjoy!