A delicious cabbage roll dish without the work of cabbage rolls! Same hearty flavor without the need to do the work of rolling the cabbage rolls.
- Large casserole dish with lid
- 1 large cabbage
- 1 1/2 lb cooked hamburger meat
- 2 cans Campbells Tomato soup
- 1/2 can water
- 1 1/2 cups pasta (uncooked) OPTIONAL
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees
- Chop cabbage in long thin strips. You are aiming for 1/2 inch strips about 3 inches long (ish).
- Spray casserole dish with cooking spray
- Fill casserole dish about 2/3 full of cabbage.
- Spread cooked hamburger crumbles evenly over cabbage.
- Sprinkle uncooked noodles as the next layer. Use lots if you like noodles, none if you are avoiding carbs. Your choice : ).
- Add some salt and pepper, to taste. Easy on the salt though ’cause the soup is already quite salty.
- Layer on the rest of the cabbage. Keep adding. It often is heaped.
- Mix the 1/2 can of water into the tomato soup. Spread it evenly over the top.
- Put the lid on. If the cabbage is layered too high, it’ll cook down and the lid will eventually fit.
- Bake at 325 for about 2 1/2 to 3 hours.