The blueberry-lemon muddy buddies I made earlier today are turning into a major temptation! I love traditional chocolate and peanut butter muddy buddies, but these are a very close second. They seem more summery and I enjoy the different and fresh flavor!
I do love these Chex blueberry-lemon muddy buddies and think they will become a new regular treat in our house! This recipe is inspired by a recipe from Chex cereal.
My main tip for making these, use a real lemon. I honestly don’t think the lemon juice type products have the same flavor.Print
A wonderful fresh version of traditional Muddy Buddies. These lemony muddy buddies with blueberries are a wonderful treat!
- 1 box Blueberry Chex cereal
- 1 1/4 cups white vanilla baking chips
- 1/4 cup butter or margarine
- 3-4 tsp grated lemon zest
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 1-gallon plastic storage bags
- Pour entire box of Chex Blueberry cereal into a large bowl.
- In a microwaveable bowl or a large measuring cup, microwave vanilla baking chips, butter, lemon zest and lemon juice for 1 minute
- Stir well to see if all ingredients are melted. If not, microwave another 30 seconds until you are able to stir this mixture to a smooth consistency.
- Pour 1/2 of mixture into 2 gallon sized food storage bags
- Add 1/2 of powdered sugar into each bag
- Shake until cereal is coated
- After allowing to cool on parchment paper or foil, enjoy!
- Best stored in an airtight container.
Hope you enjoy this sweet treat as much as my family did! Oh, if you also want to make regular muddy buddies, you can find the recipe in my Puppy Chow post.Momcrieff - Home page