Delicious sliced apple rings covered in pancake batter. Add some cinnamon and maple syrup. A delicious breakfast, after school snack or even breakfast for dinner!
- 1 apple (I like big Fuji apples)
- 1 cup bisquick
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 egg
- Mix your bisquick batter with the milk and egg.
- I find this is enough for 2 apples or one apple and a couple of pancakes. I guess you could make less but then the math gets harder. I don’t think I would ever use 1/2 an egg!
- Peel your apples
- Slice the apple
- Take out the core (I just cut it out)
- Heat your frying pan to medium and add a little butter to barely cover the pan
- Dip the apple rings in the batter and place in the pan.
- Watch for the big bubbles on the edge and then they are ready to flip.
- Turn the heat down to low and let the second side cook slowly (so you have enough time for the apples to heat up).
- I add some cinnamon and syrup when serving.
Best if you slightly warm up your maple syrop. But, you probably know that!
Keywords: breakfast, breakfast for dinner